Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Nicki!

This past Friday was Nicki's 21st Birthday. Carolyn, Maggie and I wanted to do something unique and fun for her on this occasion. While she was at work we went and filled her car with balloons and wrote on her windows. Here are some pictures. We also took a video, but I'm having trouble downloading it. I'll keep trying though! Hopefully it'll work. If not, the pictures will have to do.




After everyone got off work we headed east to go white water rafting. It was about a 3 1/2 hr drive. We stayed the night in a hotel where we also surprised Nicki with a birthday cake. We also made her a crown since she was the "Birthday Princess"!


Nine o'clock Saturday morning we found ourselves climbing into wet suits and lathering on the sunscreen. It was a beautiful day to go white water rafting. We couldn't have asked for better weather. Rafting was an absolute blast! We made our way through rapids such as "Pinball", "Drunkards Drop", and even "Grannies Panties"! I definitely want to do it again, and would recommend it highly. After we made it through the rapids, we stopped at a BBQ they provided and finally made it back around 2:30 p.m. After going back to our hotel and cleaning up, we found our way downtown and proceeded to peruse the shops. We found much amusement in what is known as "The Hat Store". Here are a couple of pictures.



We also found one of those photo shops where you can dress up in either Wild West, Pirate, or Victorian style clothes and have your picture taken. We chose Victorian style and it turned out great. I plan on ordering the CD, so I'll be sure to post the picture when I get it.
So that's pretty much what our weekend consisted of. It was so much fun to be able to enjoy the company and fellowship of Carolyn, Nicki, & Maggie. I'm waiting to get pictures from rafting. Once I get them I'll definitely be posting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...