next time we attempt singing the Hallelujah Chorus. ;o)
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- Last night finished up our Missions Month. It was a blessing to be able to hear from all of the different evangelists. Our theme was "For whom nothing is prepared," taken out of Nehemiah 8:10.
- School has been fun with Lilly. She's full of energy, and is always saying things to make me laugh. :o) Today I had her draw some things that she likes. I gave her some examples, one of which was making cakes. When she showed me her drawings, she had..."I like making cakes and shoveling." I found it rather amusing. Oh, she also said Psalm 23 today without any help!
- I can hear the mexican jumping beans clicking in their box. They bring back memories to a time when we were on our way home and stopped at 7-11 for gas. My dad went in to pay and came out with the beans for us kids. They're pretty entertaining!
- Dessert tonight was yummy!
- Fall is slowly slipping away. :(
Thursday, October 22, 2009
When I was on my way home from work today I was feeling burdened for them. I began asking the Lord to show me when and how He wanted me to be a witness, and asking for boldness when that time came.
My skirt from Cabela's was scheduled to come today. You may be thinking, "What does that have to do with your neighbors?" Keep reading.
I get home and check my tracking to see where the package was and it said that it had been delivered and left at the front door. I looked all over the place and it was nowhere to be found. Where on earth could it be? Did the dog get ahold of it? He usually leaves packages alone. Did Josh get it? No. Hmmmmm....this never happens.
I called UPS. They called the driver and it turns out that he took it to the wrong house. Which house did they take it to? You guessed it! The neighbors the Lord had laid on my heart! So, needless to say I took the opportunity the Lord gave. What an awesome way for the Lord to open up that door of opportunity. We just need to be willing and ready to be used of Him! Hopefully we'll be able to continue to be a witness to this couple and see them come to the saving knowledge of Christ!
Do you know Christ? If not, I hope you'll take the time to visit at least one of the website links on the side of my blog.
(By the way, I love my skirt!)
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Saturday, October 10, 2009
I was getting ready to head back to work when I realized that Violet was very quiet. Better find her and see what she's up to. We found her in Maggie's room doing her makeup! I'm not sure her parents are ready for her to grow up that quickly! :)
Here's what her makeup job looked like!
The B-I-B-L-E according to Violet: Biboo, Biboo, Biboo...Biboo, Biboo, Biboo.