Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What's For Dinner || Sour Cream Enchiladas

Several years ago we went to a friend's house and they made Sour Cream Enchiladas. Let me tell you, it was love at first bite. Turns out we had the recipe for them in an old church cookbook, but had never made them, at least not that I remembered. 

They quickly became a favorite in our home. Just tonight as I was making them, someone walked up and asked, "Are you making sour cream enchiladas?!?!" I had to ask them to leave before they drooled all over my ingredients. Ok, so maybe it didn't happen exactly like that, but I think you get the point. ;)




Sour Cream Enchiladas

1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 lb hamburger
2 cups grated cheese
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/4 tsp salt
4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 dozen flour tortillas

Brown hamburger and onion together, drain fat. Stir in most of the cheese.

Combine soup, sour cream, salt, and chilies in a blender. Blend until smooth.

Place a small amount of hamburger filling in the center of a tortilla. Spoon some sauce over it. Roll up and place in greased 9x13 pan. Repeat until you use all of the hamburger mixture. Pour remaining sauce on top of tortillas. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.

Bake at 350* for 20-30 minutes.



ps...I think I need to work on my food photography skills...lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...