Friday, March 20, 2009

Stuck In My Head

I've had this song in my head today. If I'm going to have a tune constantly running through my head, this is definitely a good one! How often do we really think about the words of the songs we sing? I know I'm guilty of not really taking in what it's talking about. As I read the words to this hymn, I can't help but think how timely it is to have such a song in my head. Our church is about to go through a big change, considering the Lord has called one of our pastors to go and pastor another church (this church was without a pastor). It was a shock when we found out, but peace is found knowing that God knows exactly what He's doing. We'll be fine. Life will continue. And, as this song says, Jesus is constantly abiding. He's always here with us no matter what life brings.
Hebrews 13:5c, "...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

CONSTANTLY ABIDING
There’s a peace in my heart that the world never gave,
A peace it cannot take away;
Though the trials of life may surround like a cloud,
I’ve a peace that has come here to stay!
Refrain:
Constantly abiding, Jesus is mine;
Constantly abiding, rapture divine;
He never leaves me lonely, whispers, O so kind:
“I will never leave thee,” Jesus is mine.

All the world seemed to sing of a Savior and King,
When peace sweetly came to my heart;
Troubles all fled away and my night turned to day,
Blessèd Jesus, how glorious Thou art!
Refrain
This treasure I have in a temple of clay,
While here on His footstool I roam;
But He’s coming to take me some glorious day,
Over there to my heavenly home!
Refrain

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kali...it's been a while since I read blogs and even blogged myself (busyness).
    Hope you're all doing well. I wish we could be there for all the new happenings. But, life goes on as I have quickly learned.
    Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really weird. I've had that song stuck in my head for the past couple days (along with some others too). See ya later:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...