Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Mistake? I Think Not!

The other night the Lord laid our neighbor on my heart. I began to pray for this elderly couple and felt as if I should go visit them in another attempt to be a witness. When would I go? Do I just randomly show up on their doorstep? How would I do it? We hardly ever talk to them. There have been a few exchanges over the years, but not much more than that. Living in a rural area, you have to make it a point to go and talk to your neighbors. The only time you really see each other is when your coming and going, and even then you usually just wave.

When I was on my way home from work today I was feeling burdened for them. I began asking the Lord to show me when and how He wanted me to be a witness, and asking for boldness when that time came.

My skirt from Cabela's was scheduled to come today. You may be thinking, "What does that have to do with your neighbors?" Keep reading.

I get home and check my tracking to see where the package was and it said that it had been delivered and left at the front door. I looked all over the place and it was nowhere to be found. Where on earth could it be? Did the dog get ahold of it? He usually leaves packages alone. Did Josh get it? No. Hmmmmm....this never happens.

I called UPS. They called the driver and it turns out that he took it to the wrong house. Which house did they take it to? You guessed it! The neighbors the Lord had laid on my heart! So, needless to say I took the opportunity the Lord gave. What an awesome way for the Lord to open up that door of opportunity. We just need to be willing and ready to be used of Him! Hopefully we'll be able to continue to be a witness to this couple and see them come to the saving knowledge of Christ!

Do you know Christ? If not, I hope you'll take the time to visit at least one of the website links on the side of my blog.

(By the way, I love my skirt!)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...