Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Friends for the weekend!

This past weekend the Majors' went to Wyoming to present the ministry, and the Geist family came for a visit!  We had such a wonderful time!

Brother Geist preached Sunday on the topic of John 3:16.  He started by showing us the bigger picture of things - the book, the human writer, who was speaking in that verse, and who it was being spoken to. Then he zeroed in on the verse....it was amazing! Hopefully we'll get it up on our website, so you can listen to it!

Abby & Becky did an instrumental special which was really good, and Becky even played the flute while I played piano for the singing...it was really nice! Us girls had lots of fun and shared many laughs Sunday afternoon/evening as we played several different games and ate sour skittles. =)

The trip was too short, but so much fun!  I can't tell you how nice it is to see and fellowship with friends from BBC.

We also got a fresh layer of snow just in time for their arrival!  We got about 6 inches here, but over in Twisp they got 1 1/2 to 2 feet of snow!  It was insane!  We {and when I say we, I mean my dad!} had to unbury the steps leading to the grange hall, and even go shovel a pathway for Ruth to get out of her house! 

Lastly, I'll leave you with a picture of the car next to the grange hall so you can get a taste of how much snow we're talking about!  {haha...some people probably think I'm silly making such a big deal about the snow, but you have to remember that I used to live on an island where we didn't get much snow. even if we did get snow, it sure didn't last very long ;)}

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That brings back so many memories of when we lived in Maine! I am still waiting to see a snowman that looks like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...