Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WFMW: Fruit Rinse

Vinegar has SO many uses. One of which I've recently become aware of is a fruit rinse. You can either do this in your sink or a big bowl.


Combine 5 cups of water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. Let your fruit soak in it for a little bit. I usually stir it around with my hand. [With this bowl, I pulled the grapes out and let the apricots and nectarines soak in there completely submerged. I probably wouldn't have put them in together, but you know, it makes for a better picture. :)] It's up to you whether or not you rinse them, I've done it both ways and it doesn't really make a difference...my grapes didn't taste like vinegar. :)


You'll be amazed at how dirty your water looks...it's really quite disturbing. You can't really tell very well, but there was a layer of dirt in there. This is a great way to clean dirt, germs, bacteria, etc off your fruit and they last longer. No more strawberries starting to mold after a couple days! Yay! Store your fruit as usual and enjoy eating them right away without having to wash them first!

**Linking up to We Are THAT Family's Works For Me Wednesday**

1 comment:

  1. We're your newest followers! So glad to have found your blog!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...