Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Wreath Form

Wreath - simple decoration that livens up your front door and provides a friendly welcome to guests. We've been having fun 'designing' new wreaths to fit the seasons. Once again, Pinterest is great for inspiration. Last time I made one, I bought a wreath form from Walmart for $5. This time I wanted to try something I had seen on Pinterest and make my own using a pool noodle from the dollar store.


I cut the noodle down until it was the size I wanted it to be and formed a nice circle, and then taped the ends together really good.


Then I wrapped it with twine. {Like I've mentioned before, this takes a really long time. I'm trying to figure out the best way to temporarily attach decorations instead of hot gluing them so I can use the same form for different designs. This wreath was a gift, but my next one I will definitely be figuring that out so I don't have to do this again!}

I made fabric flowers this time and love how they turned out! So, my pool noodle experiment was a success! You would never know by looking at it that that's what the form is made out of!

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered buttons and the decorations have a little loop to hang them on....that way you can snip the buttons and move them how you want, and you can interchange your beautiful decor on your wreath...its beautiful, you did a great job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...