Monday, April 21, 2014

Frumpy to Feminine // Navy & Nude

I've decided to add a new feature to my blog -- outfit posts. Here are my thoughts...

Yes, there are plenty of others out there posting pictures of their outfits, but it's not always my style. We are all so unique and have different senses of style. I enjoy getting ideas from others, and so I thought maybe posting some of my outfits could inspire you! 

I also hope to not only encourage you to dress modestly, but femininely! Some of the outfits I see that are labeled 'modest' are kind of frumpy to me. Dressing modestly can be a challenge sometimes, but it doesn't mean you have to be frumpy. Let's throw out the potato sacks and wear clothes that are flattering and feminine! God specifically designed you to be a beautiful woman -- be proud of that! With so much gender confusion these days, I hope there's never any question by the way I dress, act, and present myself that I'm a lady!  

I'm going to warn you, the pictures are probably going to be a little awkward until I get the hang of it. Haha! I decided to go ahead and throw in some out-takes just to keep it real. It was awkward enough trying to figure out how to pose, so why not add the others. :) 

This is what I wore for Resurrection Sunday. A classic pencil skirt is one of my go to Sunday staples, and at the suggestion of a friend I bought a navy blue one recently which I love! I especially love the look of nude pumps with a navy skirt. I knew immediately that I wanted to pair the two of them together, and I love the result. 


With spring here and summer quickly approaching, I wanted to give my cardigans a break and start wearing warm weather friendly tops. I stepped outside of my 'box' and purchased a few tops that look more polished when tucked in, and am liking the look and feel of sophistication it brings.


Top: Liz Claiborne {JcPenny's} // Skirt: Liz Claiborne {JcPenny's} // Shoes: Madden Girl {Amazon.com} // Earrings: Forever 21




With my trusty photographer ;) 

Love it or hate it, hopefully you at least got a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...