Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Three Years Ago...

our church started what we call the Highway 20 Project. You may recall this post where I gave a brief explanation of what it is that we're trying to do.

"About 3 years ago, the Lord gave our church a vision to start a new outreach along Highway 20. The goal of this new project was to evangelize 12 cities along the hwy in hopes of seeing a church (or churches) started. There has been a lot of work, time and finances put into this project, but the Lord has blessed our efforts. We have made many contacts and even seen some saved! The doors have been opening specifically in the Methow Valley area, so this is where we've been putting most of our effort. We are currently in the process of trying to get regular Bible Studies set up. Eventually, we'd like to have 2 families move over there, and like I said before, see these Bible Studies turn into a Church."

This past weekend we had our Annual Leadership Retreat where our Pastor sought the Lord's will concerning the vision for the upcoming year. It was there that the Lord confirmed that we are to head into the next phase in our Highway 20 Project and move a team over to the Methow Valley and get a church started.

It was also 3 years ago that the Lord called my Dad to preach. Since then he has been attending our Bible Institute and waiting for the Lord's direction concerning his future ministry.

Well, you may have already guessed it...my family will be moving sometime this summer. The Lord has made it very evident that He wants us to be a part of that team to go start this church. It's exciting, but also kinda sad/scary at the same time. I've lived on the island for almost 23 years now. It's all I've ever known. While this new endeavor will bring new and exciting experiences/challenges, it will also bring heartache as we leave our friends and church family behind.

So, while I'll always be an 'island girl' at heart, I'll soon be a 'valley girl'! :)

5 comments:

  1. Like, totally 'Valley Girl'. For sure;) LOL. I can help you with the lingo if you want, he he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah Kali, that didn't even cross my mind....you are going to be a Valley Girl! But no matter where you live you will always be an Island Girl to me.

    I am excited for your new endeavor and I know that change can be hard, but embrace it. You will be able to look back and see how God has used you even more.

    I will continue to pray for you as your prepare for your new journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KALI! I am going to miss you oh so much! I am losing my singing buddy, my cake buddy, and an awesome friend! I am thrilled at what God is doing in your lives and I look forward to what He will continue to do because of your willingness. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa,

    I'll have to make special trips back to do those things. Until then, you can start practicing a duet with pastor. ;)

    Love you!

    (it's only 4 hours...it's only 4 hours...sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow somehow I missed this when you posted a few days ago ...

    I know what it's like to pack up and move away from all that you know. I know what it's like to start a church. I know what it's like to become a PK at a (slightly) older age (as in, older than a kid.) I know you are better equipped for this than I was when it happened to me! God bless your family as you move on to this next exciting phase in your life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...