Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This & That

I've been considering writing a post for almost a week now, but I've just kept putting it off. I'll put it off no longer...here's a post for all of you who have come to my blog in the past couple of weeks hoping for something new only to be disappointed.  At least I hope there someone out there who's been wanting to see something new. ;o)

Ok...where to start.  Ummm...

My life for the past few weeks has been c-r-a-z-y!  There was literally a two week period where I had something going on every.single.evening.  It's nice to have stuff going on, but it can get tiring.  

We've been pretty busy getting things ready around here to put the house up for sale.  Cleaning ... packing ... cleaning ... purging ... It's a lot of work to move!  It's slowly but surely getting done.  

If you've read Carolyn or Maggie's blog you'll know that we went to a City Council Meeting last Tuesday.  There's a lady in our town that wants to open up an "Adult Entertainment" establishment.  We went to the meeting not only to see what exactly was going on, but also to excercise our rights and speak out against such an establishment coming into our town.  Unfortunately, you can't legally ban such a place...but you can put strict requirements on it.  So, hopefully it won't last if it does come or even better, she won't even open it up.  Maybe after the meeting she was discouraged by all of the opposition against it. (There were almost 30 people that spoke against it, with only 1 for it...you  can guess who that 1 was...yep! it was her!!)  Anyways, that's the hot news in our town right now. :)  FYI...my dad is now a celebrity...he made it on the news! LOL Go here to see it...he's the one that gives the analogy about a fruit bowl.  

This week is Spring Break.  Unfortunately, I don't get the week off...but I do get much needed time in the office.  In just the past couple of days, I've been able to get quite a bit of 'extra stuff' accomplished that I don't normally have the time to do...yay!!

This weekend we're heading across the mountains once again!  I don't think we'll be looking at any houses this time, but we are going to have a Resurrection Sunday service!  I'm looking forward to it, although it'll be a bit strange because it'll be our first Easter apart from Josh since he isn't able to go with us. :o(

I hope you have a great Easter!  Enjoy your weekend, eat some candy, but most of all...reflect on the fact that Christ is ALIVE!! He's not still in some tomb, but He's risen!!  We serve a risen Saviour! Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Well even though I see you often enough I do like to check in:) I'm glad that you're getting things done in the office! Especially since you've been sick. Bummer you won't be around for Resurection Sunday, but it will be a real encouragement for the people over there:) Can't wait to hear about it.

    <3
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my life...today is the first "free" Saturday we've had in months! It only gets busier :o)
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...