In honor of my 23rd birthday, here are twenty-three random facts you may or may not know about me.
1. I'm the oldest child in my family.
2. I've been pulled over twice, but never gotten a ticket.
3. I've never broken any bones.
4. My tax filing status is: Single. :-)
5. I sing alto.
6. I currently have 27 first cousins (including spouses) & 13 second cousins.
7. I used to have a beta named Killer.
8. When it comes to cake decorating, I tend to be a perfectionist.
9. I've been on 2 missions trips - Mexico & Prague.
10. I had a graduating class of 7 (3 of which were homeschoolers).
11. Mosquitoes LOVE me.
12. I took 2 years of Spanish, but unfortunately don't have much to show for it.
13. I've never lived anywhere but the island.
14. I've been up in the St. Louis Arch.
15. I play the piano and am teaching myself (inconsistently) the flute.
16. My car is paid off!!
17. I've taught 5 kids how to read.
18. I've been on-staff at the church for almost 5 years!
19. I'm not convinced that throwing myself out of a perfectly good plane (aka...skydiving) would be a fun thing to do.
20. I wear contacts.
21. I weigh....Haha...did you really think I was going to tell you? Yeah right!
22. I was never a flower girl. :-(
23. My name isn't islandgirl. It's really...Kali (pronounced: kay-lee).
Today is my birthday. It's been a lovely day. It started off with a birthday phone call at 7 AM and then my family sang to me after I got off the phone. (That's a tradition we've done for as long as I can remember. The birthday person is typically woken up by everyone singing to them.) After I stayed in bed a bit longer, I got up, got ready and went to work. Many people wished me a Happy Birthday and gave me thoughtful gifts and cards throughout the day. My SPG leaders took me out to lunch, which was lots of fun and the food was delicious! Then after finishing my day in the office I came home for a few hours, had dinner with my family and then went back to the church for Bible Institute. Alyssa made me a cake and then everyone sang Happy Birthday which was rather embarressing. :o) Afterwards, we came home and had MORE cake (which was actually my third piece of cake for the day...hehe...sshhh don't tell anyone). It was a great day and I'm very thankful for having friends and family to share it with. The Lord has been so good to me this year, and I can't wait to see what He's going to do in the coming year with all of the changes up ahead!
Oh, and since you technically only got 22 facts since I wouldn't tell you how much I weigh...here's #23: I'm getting OLD! :o)