Thursday, October 28, 2010

Faith

Every year our home church participates in what we call Faith Promise Missions. For those who are not familiar with it, it's where we make a commitment to God by faith that we'll give a certain amount of money per week to missions.  This is a decision that is made between you and God and it a faith-grower as you see God supply the money when you don't necessarily know where it's going to come from. 

I'm truly amazed at what the Lord has allowed me to give over the years, and it's exciting to think of how that money is being used to send men and their families all over the world to share the Gospel in places that I'll never go to.  So while I may not be able to physically go share the Gospel with certain people groups...my money can help send others who are able. It's also because of the same commitment to give in others that we are over here starting a church!

I'm coming up on almost 5 months without a job, and I'm not going to lie...it gets discouraging at times.  My parents have been a huge blessing by taking care of some of my bills during this time. (Put it on my tab...haha)  One thing that was really discouraging to me though was not being able to give my faith promise.  I knew that the Lord knew my heart and that I really desired to give it, but just wasn't able.  One afternoon I expressed such feelings with my mom and so we prayed about it.  Although the Lord hasn't provided a full-time job yet, He has provided the babysitting job...which is turning out to be longer than the anticipated 2 weeks!  It doesn't pay much, BUT it's giving me money to give towards faith promise!  Praise the Lord!  So, as mentioned before it's a faith growing experience, and I look forward to seeing how the Lord will continue to provide for my needs. 

Hebrews 11:1 ~ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


Philippians 4:19 ~ But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, good for you for keeping your eyes on the Lord even during your time of "unemployment." :) Faith promise has been a tremendous blessing to our family over the years, too!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! YES, I remember the Highway 20 project! I was in the nursery the evening that a gentlemen presented the work at our church, but I got the scoop! So your family is involved in that ministry? That's awesome!! God bless you and your family for your faithfulness! And definitely feel free to stop back to my blog anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes glanced over this post and I saw the word "discouraged"... can't say I blame you at all for being discouraged, but God is faithful! Jackie's husband just preached tonight from Psalm 42:5,11 about discouragement and hoping in God!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...