Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas...Sixteen


When I was younger we used to make it a tradition every year to drive around the neighborhoods and look at Christmas lights with my dad's parents. For whatever reason, we stopped doing it. I think maybe we just weren't able to spend as much time at their house around Christmas because of everyone's busy schedules.

As I was writing a list of things I wanted to do in my countdown to Christmas, I remembered that old tradition and wanted to make sure it came back this year! So this evening we bundled up, stopped by DQ and got sundaes :) and then drove around the neighborhoods looking at lights.

The local newspaper had a handy little map that showed where different light displays were that were part of a home/business contest, but after we went to the first one and decided we had seen better ones we just drove around. There were some pretty decent displays, but nothing like I remember in Port Angeles. I guess that's what you get in a small little town. :)

Here's the only house I took a picture of. Honestly, they didn't get much better than this. BUT...it was a nice evening spent with the family and that's what counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...