Thursday, June 28, 2012

VBS 2012

Last week we had VBS at church. It was the first VBS I had ever worked in and it was such a blast! I'm not sure what the total attendance was, but I know that we had about 40 the second night. There were 7 profession of faith, and we certainly look forward to see how these young people grow in their relationship with the Lord.

The theme was 'The Good Soldier' and the lessons were from 2 Timothy 2:1-4...'Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.'

Getting ready for pledges and the theme song.

Interrupted by Sgt. Punk

Col. Courageous comes to the rescue




Maggie, Dad & I had fun being in the skit.  (Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have of Maggie & I.)
The kids loved it and it was a great way to teach some basic Bible truths to the kids!

Ticket drawing. Kids would get a ticket for each night they came, bringing a visitor and their Bible. They got to choose a prize if their ticket was drawn.

Penny offering...as I'm sure you figured out, the girls won that night. :)

Pastor had to eat a spoonful of baby food...yuck!

Poor mom was the only girl that had to eat baby food.

Wednesday night we had a reporter from the paper come out. Of course it HAD to be the night Maggie & I made our debut in the skit. ;) You can go see the pictures and read the write-up on Maggie's blog!

Praising the Lord for a great week and already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...