Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday

Today was pretty uneventful. 

Braxton came and went without any diaper mishaps. =)

I got a letter from Edward Jones. Since I knew someone in the office, I heard that a letter was coming. She didn't say what it was about, but from my 'experience' with letters I figured it wouldn't be good. But, it was an answer to prayer because I was just asking the Lord to let me know either way...and He did! Obviously that was not where He wanted me, and I'm OK with that. Who knows, maybe this bakery job will work out.


We had Bible Study, continuing in our study of Galatians.  The central theme in Galatians is our liberty in Christ and how Paul was dealing with Judaism (legalism). Something that was brought up again tonight that I really liked was this...If it was our inability to keep the law that condemned us to Hell, then why would we think that our failures could secure our salvation? Think about that one! Salvation is NOT attained through our good works. After all, our inability to be good is why we were condemned in the first place. It's only through the grace of Jesus Christ. Ephesians 2:8,9 says "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Praise God for that! I can't imagine trying to 'attain' or even 'keep' my salvation by my works because I fail on a d.a.i.l.y. basis.

After church there was some music practice. Yep, you'll be seeing a video on Sunday. Maggie, Chris & I are singing a special. Sunday is going to be a very exciting day! Now that you've been teased...

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...